The Best Free Text Messaging Apps for Android and iPhone
About Text Messaging Apps
Over the years, mobile phones, including the iPhone and Android, have evolved into more than just phones. Cell phone users no longer spend tons of time talking and listening - now, they talk with their thumbs. The popularity of text messaging has enabled wireless carriers to charge more for SMS and text messaging services. The latest and greatest Android and iPhone apps may have nearly replaced the sometimes enormous fees that come with your cell phone texting plan. The following are some of the 5 best free text messaging apps you may choose from:
WhatsApp is considered the best free text messaging app available. Why? It's simple. There are no advertisements while using WhatsApp. The creators of the WhatsApp messaging system want to provide users with a truly pleasant communication experience. It is available for iPhone and Android mobile phones as well as Windows phone and others.
Pros of WhatsAPP
- You are able to send unlimited text messages on Android and iPhones.
- WhatsApp features include the ability to create your own profiles and statuses.
- You are also able to share videos, audio, messages, and photos with your friends and family.
Cons of WhatsApp
- It requires users to sign up hence you cannot use it without creating an account. This is usually time consuming and people are generally afraid of providing the information requested in registration forms.
Facebook Messenger is the blending of text messages with social media. According to the latest mobile use reports, there are approximately 1.11 billion individuals use Facebook every month. This has led to the development of free Facebook messenger applications on iPhones and android mobiles. These text messaging apps use the Facebook framework, allowing Facebook users the convenience of communication with friends and family without the hassle of phone numbers.
Pros of Facebook Messenger
- All the instant facebook messages and chats can be accessed using the Facebook messanger app.
- It is available for free for iPhones and android mobiles.
Cons of Facebook Messenger
- Its use is only limited to Internet enabled phones.
- It is not readily available on phones so you have to install which may at times be difficult.
Viber is a free messaging apps that many may not have heard about. Viber is truly a platform independent messaging application. It is available for all major mobile devices, including Android and iPhone, as well as desktop pc's.
Pros of Viber
- Together with the messaging, Viber can also be used to make free calls to your family and friends anywhere in the world.
- It can be easily installed on MAC or windows PC.
- It is free to download for iPhones and Androids.
Cons of Viber
- Uses wireless data services which might be costly.
- Only reliable using internet accessible phones.
IMO is also one of the highly rated free text apps for android mobiles and iPhones. The most notable feature of IMO is the ability of users to " broadcast " messages. The broadcast is very similar to the post timeline on Facebook or a user's Twitter Feed. It is simply a message with no unique receiver and available to all.
Pros of IMO
- It allows for free photo sharing, video calling and group chatting.
- Users can send voice messages without placing a call.
- It has broadcast networks where you can receive breaking news and related updates based on your interests.
- Users can login using their social media accounts such as Facebook, MSN, or Yahoo.
Cons of IMO
- You cannot use IMO without creating an account. This is almost a hassle as you cannot even browse the IMO website without logging in.
Kakao Talk is also another free texting apps that allows you to send counteless free text messages anywhere in the world. Kakao Talk's nearly unlimited features allows you to become more than another texting addict. Kakao's features include things such as custom backgrounds, favorite friends, chat rooms, among many others that set this mobile app apart from the norm.
Pros of Kakao talk
- It allows for group calls.
- You can also use various voice filters such as talking Tom.
- It does not require sign up hence reliable.
- It also has privacy features which allow people to set their own passwords.
Cons of Kakao talk
- It requires a data plan, which might be costly for some users.
- Calling is supported, but you cannot call regular phone numbers.
Summary of Free Text Messaging Apps
By employing the use of the text messaging apps on your iPhone and android mobiles, you can be able to send countless text messages to your family and friends. All you need to get started is a mobile internet or Wi-Fi connection . Various free text messaging apps are available on the Apple App Store and the Google Play markets. Selecting the best apps for your iPhone or android could help you replace the cost of your current text messaging plan with a simple app download.